- Probio7 Kidskalm is a dietary supplement especially formulated for children between the age of 12 months to 18 years.
- The active ingredient of Kidskalm is the live strain Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG. This is clinically proven to be safe and naturally present in the human intestine.
- It also contains two prebiotics. Prebiotics are food for the good bacteria which encourages their growth.
Probio7 Kidskalm is a dietary supplement especially formulated for children 12 months and over, which helps promote and maintain a healthy balance in the gut flora. The active bacteria in Probio7 Kidskalm are 6 billion of the live bacteria strain L. rhamnosus GG*, a clinically proven strain.
- High strength: 6 Billion Friendly Live Bacteria per Sachet
- Well-Researched: Over 200 Human Clinical Studies
- Antibiotic & Stomach-Acid Resistant: Proven to Colonise the Gastrointestinal Tract
- Contains Prebiotic Fibres: Contains Inulin &
- 100% Natural Ingredients: No Artificial Colours, Preservatives,
Additives or Flavours
- Free From: Gluten, Wheat, Dairy, Lactose, GMO, Soy, Eggs, Nuts, Yeast and Salt
What does Probio7 Kidskalm do?
How to administer Probio7 Kidskalm?
How to use:
1. Suitable for daily use for children 12 months and over.
2. Take one sachet a day. Sprinkle over cold food or mix with cold water, juice or milk.
3. If mixing with a drink, take after a meal or snack.
If your child is taking antibiotics:
Take 1-2 sachets daily. Continue for 2 weeks after they have finished their antibiotics.
Fructo-oligosaccharides, Inulin, Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG (ATCC 53103)*, Rice Fibre.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children and do not exceed recommended daily intake.
- Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet.
- Consult your healthcare professional before taking if your child is under medical supervision or on medication.
What is Probio7 Kidskalm?
What does Probio7 Kidskalm do?
- Probio7 Kidskalm has been specially formulated to improve the microbial balance in children’s intestines. The formula contains sufficient quantities to support their digestive system and immune health.
How long does it take to feel the effects of taking Probio7 Kidskalm?
- Normally, the effects should be noticed within a few days. While children who are healthy may not experience any differences, those taking Probio7 Kidskalm strain because of a digestive system disturbance may notice an improvement in symptoms after 3-4 days. In some cases, it may take longer if the child is, for example, taking a medication affecting the digestive system e.g. antibiotics.
Should I refrain from combining Probio7 products with any specific medicines or drugs?
- No, the formula is considered to be food and is comparable to yoghurt when it comes to safety. Kidskalm is very useful in combination with antibiotics, as it helps reduce their side effects.
What does Kidskalm contain?
- The active ingredients in Kidskalm is the live bacteria strain, Lactobacills rhamnosus and the prebiotic FOS. Inulin is also used as a prebiotic and organic rice which helps to stabilise the formula.
- None of these ingredients have been shown to pose a health risk.
- There are no additives or flavouring added to Kidskalm and it is free from the common allergens including Gluten, Wheat, Dairy, Lactose, GMO, Soy, Eggs, Nuts, Yeast and Salt.
What are live bacteria?
- These are living microorganisms (bacteria) that when administered in sufficient quantities have a beneficial effect on a person’s health by improving the microbial balance in their intestine.
Are Probio7 Kidskalm live bacteria growing in the product?
- No, the bacteria are in a dormant state as they have been freeze-dried and become activated when they come in contact with the saliva. This happens by the time they reach the stomach and they can attach and start to grow.
Do I need to refrigerate Kidskalm?
- Kidskalm does not need to be refrigerated as the cells have been freeze-dried. However, we recommend you keep Kidskalm in a cool, dry place below 25°C (recommended from 10°C to 25°C) and away from direct sunlight.
Is Kidskalm suitable for vegans?
How do I take Kidskalm?
- The bacteria have been freeze-dried into a tasteless, sugar-free and sweetener-free powder which comes in sachets. The sachets can be sprinkled over food or mixed with cold water, juice or milk. The formula only becomes fully active once in contact with saliva/the intestine
Does Probio7 Kidskalm have any side effects?
- It can take a couple of days until the child’s gut becomes used to the probiotic formula. Although there are no lasting side effects of probiotics on the child, there may be some gut changes in the initial few days of starting a new probiotic intake. These are mild digestive changes, like mild flatulence and bloating. It is thought that these changes occur as a result of the bacterial balance changing in the intestine, because of the shift to a higher number of friendly bacteria colonising the gut.
From what age can a child start taking Kidskalm?
- From 12 months+
What is CFU?
- CFU stands for colony forming units. This is the number of viable cells in each sachet.
What is Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG?
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus belongs to the genus Lactobacillus. Lactobacillus rhamnosus is a specie of bacteria which is found naturally in the intestines